I was recently asked for my Pumpkin Crunch recipe, and I thought, why not share it here as well? This recipe was given to me years ago by my sister-in-law Theresa. It’s delicious, but definitely not diet food! 😉
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Autumn - American Fare
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 large can (29 ounces) of Lake Shore Pumpkin (This might be a regional product in NY. Tops Market - and some Wegmans - carries it. I think it's the best canned pumpkin I've ever had.)
- 1 small can (3 - 4 inches tall) Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box of yellow cake mix, plain or pudding in the mix if you can find it
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, completely melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix 3 beaten eggs, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin, and condensed melt in a large bowl with beaters. This should only take a couple minutes. You just want everything well mixed.
- Pour mixture into un-greased cake pan, 9 X 13 inches.
- Sprinkle one whole box of dry cake mix on top as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of that.
- Then, drizzle / spoon the melted butter over the top evenly.
- Bake in oven for about 60 minutes. My oven takes longer than that, so you might need to check every 5 minutes or so to make sure that it's done. You want a butter knife to come out of the center clean after being inserted here and there. Use your best judgment!
- Let cool a bit so you don't burn your tongue, but best served warm. Enjoy!
Remember, baking time might be longer than 60 minutes. It really depends upon your oven.
Lake Shore Pumpkin is the Best! 🙂
Tried This Recipe?
Let me know what you think!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Let me know you popped on by! Click in the comment box to get started!