I was recently asked for my Pumpkin Crunch recipe, and I thought, why not share it here as well? This recipe was given to me years ago by my sister-in-law Theresa. It’s delicious, but definitely not diet food! 😉
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 large can (29 ounces) of Lake Shore Pumpkin (This might be a regional product in NY. Tops Market - and some Wegmans - carries it. I think it's the best canned pumpkin I've ever had.)
- 1 small can (3 - 4 inches tall) Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box of yellow cake mix, plain or pudding in the mix if you can find it
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, completely melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Mix 3 beaten eggs, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin, and condensed melt in a large bowl with beaters. This should only take a couple minutes. You just want everything well mixed.
- Pour mixture into un-greased cake pan, 9 X 13 inches.
- Sprinkle one whole box of dry cake mix on top as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of that.
- Then, drizzle / spoon the melted butter over the top evenly.
- Bake in oven for about 60 minutes. My oven takes longer than that, so you might need to check every 5 minutes or so to make sure that it's done. You want a butter knife to come out of the center clean after being inserted here and there. Use your best judgment!
- Let cool a bit so you don't burn your tongue, but best served warm. Enjoy!
Lake Shore Pumpkin is the Best! 🙂
Tried This Recipe?
Let me know what you think!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!