Today, a video tour of the new-this-year Circle Garden!
I got up this morning and weeded to see what we have coming up. (Tip, when you can, wet the ground first – makes pulling weeds easier!)
The two kinds of basil, dill, and chamomile have definitely sprouted. MAYBE the valerian, echinacea, and astragalus are starting, but I might be too optimistic. I don’t know what they look like, although I did look at Google images to see what I could find.
I do think I see one tiny parsley sprout at the end of video. We shall see. I did put down a few more seeds today in an effort to get a showing from those plants that haven’t sprouted. Too late in the season? Maybe, but wish me luck!
What is planted in the Circle Garden:
- Flat Parsley (not sure how old those seeds were… but I thought I’d see)
- Genovese Basil
- Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus)
- Bouquet Dill
- Chamomile, German (Matricaria recutita)
- Echinacea purpurea
- Tulsi, Temperate – Holy Basil (Ocimum africanum)
- Valerian, Official (Valeriana officinalis)
Here’s a diagram of what is planted there – all were direct sow seeds.
And now, the video tour!
Any Herb Gardeners Out There?
Advice? Share your story?
What’s coming up in your garden?