Our News Year’s Eve Feast was sublime! 🙂
If you have been hanging around Garden, Cook, Eat, Repeat for awhile now, you are probably aware that we’ve been doing this at least since 2010 into 2011. Mr. Gordon and I take turns planning a NYE Feast menu and cooking for one another.
For the first three years we did sushi rolls (huge spreads); then a year or two of surf and turf; followed by some wonderful chicken (it was supposed to be rabbit but we couldn’t find one at the last minute); roast quail; fish-stuffed bread loaf; roast duck; and now the Beef Wellington from last night. (See below.)
- First Course: Butternut Squash Soup (squash grown in our own garden)
- Second Course: Cheese Platter – Gorgonzola Dolce Blue Cheese (Italian), Tome Fleur Verte Chevre (France), and 6-Year Aged Balderson Cheddar (Canada)
- Third Course / Main Course: Beef Wellington (filet mignon wrapped in Mousse de Canard au Foie Gras, Prosciutto di Parma, and puff pastry) – served with Bacon Brussels Sprouts and Fondant Potatoes
- Fourth Course: Ginger Poached Pears
- Digestif: Noilly Prat Vermouth Rogue
- Sparkling Wine (we did a change up this year): Dr. Frank’s Celebre / Riesling
Next year it’s my turn to pick out the menu. It will be hard to top the amazing meal we had last night! (I’d better start now…) 😉
Pop on by these December 2020 posts!
- The Topic of Conversation
- This is what’s been keeping me busy.
- I still love my chickens.
- The harvest was not good. (Or, we’d starve this winter if we didn’t have a grocery store.)
- Leave 2020 Behind, But Remember the Lessons
- Inside Christmastime (Photo Post)
- Chickens in December (Photo & Video Post)
- Misfits Market – Quick! Take Advantage by Jan. 3rd!